How To Fight Back

How do you feel about the capture of dolphin from the wild for Cayman Dolphin parks, or any other marine mammals for any captive parks.

BOYCOTT

Postby galven » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Just say NO to dolphin death camps! PLEASE swim with WILD dolphin, they have them all over the world and millions of dolphin do not die in the process!
galven

How To Fight Back

Postby Ted Vallen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Good start, but youre a bunch of lightweights. If you want to shut these Cayman dolphin parks down and stop them from killing dolphin, get a little more active. Here are a few things you can do that will not cost a penny, just a few minutes of your time.

Target: Both dolphin parks, the magazines that advertise them, and the people advertising with those magazines.

1. When searching for things in Caymans, look for their Google or Yahoo ads, click on them. Do this several times but not more than 5 with the same IP address. Best to use a proxy for this anyway. Every time you click an ad, you cost them money that could be spent promoting the parks, or the places helping them.

2. Flood them with time consuming messages. Send email through their websites, contact us, booking forms, etc. Most sites provide ways of communicating with them. Communicate as much as possible, telling them what they are doing is wrong and why. What are the consequences? Flood them with as many messages making up all kinds of reservations, and large groups, and canceling and re-scheduling, and on and on. The more time you take from them to divert to your flood of email, the less time they will have to kill dolphin.

3. Make online reservations at their websites, for all the places that have that,for the others use email. Make and cancel reservations using different names.

4. Complain to all the people advertising in the magazines that advertise the dolphin parks. Call, email, web mail, them and cancel your reservations, give the reason: Found out you are advertising with the same people promoting the dolphin parks and I do not condone the murder of intelligent mammals.

5. Call, email, the magazines promoting the dolphin parks, do it anonymously. Tell them you are starting a new company in the Cayman Islands and want to advertise with them. Get their rates. Then reply and tell them you saw the dolphin parks and changed your mind. Enough of these alone and they will stop promoting them.

There are a lot more things to do,none of them cost any more than a few minutes of time. I'll post more later. Get creative. Anything you can do to take time, money, visitors or resources away from the cayman dolphin parks, or places promoting them or by association, the less dolphin will die.
Ted Vallen

Fighting

Postby rusdkoloipo » Mon May 02, 2011 8:20 pm

This seems a little like online terrorism but when you consider what they are doing to the dolphin is nothing short of genocide, I think its the least we can do to shut them down, along with the places that sold out with them.

My work for today:

Clicked on 40 ads for the parks (only 1 found) others for the places on the boycott list. Here's a few things I learned,
Google, Bing, Yahoo these words
cayman islands resorts
cayman islands hotels
cayman islands tours
grand cayman
grand cayman tours
You'll find lots of places on the boycott list, including Reef Resort. Look for the web url, like www.whateverthename. if it says reefresort, dolphinpark,click. Look for description, if it says anything about dolphin, Reef Resort, Criton property, click, click click. LOL!

Made fake reservations with 10 places on boycott list, all on busy times for medium sized groups. Used a fake credit card (won't work with the larger places probably), then guess who just won't be showing up? :twisted:

Took me all of about 15 minutes to do my good deed for the day. If 100 people do the same thing every day, these dolphin parks and the places doing business with them will be gone in a matter of months. 10 - 15 minutes of fun kinda work a day for a few months to stop the death and torture of thousands of innocent dolphin? Yeah, I'd say that's time well spent.

Kicker - The main magazine that seems to be promoting them the most are the Joanna Boxall tourist rags, Good Taste is one of them. They have a website: www.caymangoodtaste.com. They take online reservations and email reservations. You can knock out a few dozen with a few clicks without having to go to another website. Tip: Use a proxy. There are a lot of free proxies if you google FREE PROXY. You don't need a proxy to click on google ads but for something like this I would use one, why take a chance with your real ip address. Not like they are going to go tracking all of us down across the world, but if they report to your internet provider, it could be a problem. Only takes a few seconds to click on a proxy site, worth the peace of mind.

Hit these dolphin murdering sell outs where it hurts, in their pocket book, since that's all that matters to them anyway.

If anyone thinks these tactics are too drastic, go watch the videos at this website and see all the horrific videos of thousands of dolphins getting tortured and slaughtered to keep these parks running so they can make big bucks off the killing. Then say it's too harsh. :evil:
rusdkoloipo

Postby badgoank » Thu May 05, 2011 6:33 am

I'm in. I like fighting for a worthy cause.
badgoank

Postby badgoank » Thu May 05, 2011 2:24 pm

This is fun! Clicking ads, making fake reservations, canceling, the whole boycott list. Close the dolphin parks down in Cayman then move on to the next one.
badgoank

Hit them where it hurts

Postby talSmeableSew » Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 am

This is actually fun, fighting back at the big corporate businesses profiting from the dolphin suffering and death. It's worth a few minutes a day to hit these exploiters where it hurts, in the pocketbook! Boycott!!
talSmeableSew

Postby alaten » Tue May 24, 2011 5:47 pm

This is fun. I made it a part of my daily routine.
alaten

Postby cdalara » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:43 am

I just changed a couple restaurants and other places for our Cayman vacation after seeing this. Just changing hotels and restaurants will make a difference but I want to do more to help get rid of these horrific types of places that exploit innocent animals to their own profit. I will join the fight and see if I can help make life a little more complicated for these places. Like was said earlier, the more time, money, resources, we can take away from these parks and the places helping them, the fewer dolphin will die. That sounds like a very worthwhile cause to me.
cdalara

Postby Atoniot » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:56 am

Bonus round! Find ad for Reef Resort search "Cayman Islands Tours" - "Grand Cayman Tours". Click ad, make reservation for 6. :D
Atoniot

Postby Nedcaler » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 am

I'm in. A few minutes a day for a good cause is worthwhile.
Nedcaler

Next

Return to Hunting Dolphin - Is It Okay?