Canceled after seeing this!

How do you feel about the capture of dolphin from the wild for Cayman Dolphin parks, or any other marine mammals for any captive parks.

Postby NadinePA » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning our vacation to the Caymans now and will be making several changes to the restaurants and other places I had planned on visiting based on the boycott list. I agree about hitting them in the pocketbook, that's the only way anyone will ever stand up and take notice. We even changed our RESORT! How's that for commitment to a cause?!
NadinePA

Postby hiller » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Same here. With so many restaurants and activities to pick from, it actually makes planning our vacation a little easier, weeding out some places right away, the ones in support of Cayman's dolphin parks. I don't want the blood of a bunch of beautiful animals on my hands when I travel.
hiller

Postby melbaker » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Great website, very informative. Have to admit to never knowing about all the dirty little secrets behind the captive dolphin parks. Planning our Cayman vacation now, will avoid the parks and places on the boycott lists. Looking forward to a green Cayman Islands vacation.
melbaker

Postby gondage » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm not going to cancel our Cayman vacation, but the dolphin parks and everyone on the boycott list will not be getting any of our visitors dollars.
gondage

Postby saptly » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:58 am

I made quite a few changes to our cayman itinerary after reading about the plight of the dolphins. I would like our children to be able to swim with and encounter dolphin some day, they are 2 and 4 now, and if these kinds of places continue to operate there will be no dolphin left by the time they are old enough to swim with them. I'm going on a cruise on Carnival with a stop in Cayman and they are really pushing the dolphin encounters there, so there must be big money at stake. Blood money as far as I'm concerned and I'll have nothing to do with it. Thank you for the insightful read. -S
saptly

Previous

Return to Hunting Dolphin - Is It Okay?