Boycott ALL The Places Contributing to Dolphin Death!

How do you feel about the capture of dolphin from the wild for Cayman Dolphin parks, or any other marine mammals for any captive parks.

New Hobby

Postby Dremmik » Mon May 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Killing dolphin for sport or profit is one of the most contemptible acts of inhumanity that is still condoned in some countries. I am making this a hobby and will make at least a few minutes a day to fight back against the dolphin parks and the places associated with them. It's kind of fun anyway!
Dremmik

Postby Toshman » Tue May 31, 2011 3:29 am

I'm planning a Cayman Islands vacation now for our family and after seeing the horrible images and learning about what goes on behind close doors of these dolphin parks I crossed a lot of places off my must do list and replaced most of them with the ones listed here. Thanks for the heads up, I don't want anything to do with any confined dolphin parks or any places doing business with them. Thanks for the handy boycott list, I send a copy to our friends who are also planning a Cayman Islands vacation for August.
Toshman

Postby ireladetns » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm glad I found this website while planning a Cayman Islands vacation for our organization. Always more than happy to work towards a good cause, I made numerous changes to our itinerary, replacing all of the ones on the boycott list with alternatives. There are so many places to go in the Cayman Islands this actually helped narrow all the choices down a little. Great work, don't give up, they will all be out of business soon with everyone's help.
ireladetns

Sign Petition to Ban Dolphin Capture

Postby MMPA » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:19 pm

GREAT WEBSITE! We have helped shut down three captive dolphin parks to date, as well as many of the companies working with them.

Hunting dolphin is ILLEGAL. Marine Mammal Protection Act specifically prohibits the hunting, "TAKING", Killing, capture of marine mammals. Maximum penalties include $20,000 and a year in jail. "Taking" as defined by MMPA is to harass, hunt, capture, kill or collect, or attempt to harass, hunt, capture, kill or collect.

Dolphin in captivity have been hunted, captured, collected and harassed into performing stunts or they starve them at most marine parks. Millions of dolphin die every year for no other reason than human exploitation.

No captive facility, regardless of size or conditions is capable of providing the complex behavioral and physical requirements of dolphin. ALL captive dolphin parks, from the largest state of the art to the crudest cement tanks compromise dolphin welfare to the point of death.

We will be happy to assist you in your efforts to shut down the Cayman Islands dolphin parks (TWO, no less?), and the businesses that cooperate with them. Your boycott list is a good idea. We did the same thing and it is EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE. As the ads go on running with no results, the reservations keep cancelling or not coming at all, the places promoting and cooperating with the dolphin parks will STOP. It takes time but it does work.

Please sign the online petition here
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/ban-dolphin-captivity

We will start spreading the word about the businesses to avoid in the Caymans and we too do our share of online work. :twisted:

The best advice I can give you is to not give up. Persist in hitting everyone in the wallet that has any association with the dolphin parks and they WILL CLOSE DOWN!
MMPA

Postby Sallender » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Very helpful. Given a choice I always pick the more eco friendly shops, businesses wherever I go. Based on the boycott list I have made several changes to my itinerary and will not be going to any dolphin parks!
Sallender

Postby Resito » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:28 pm

I will not be going to any dolphin parks after seeing how horribly they are treated. Thank you for the information and dolphin friendly alternatives, I will use them in planning our upcoming visit to the Caymans.
Resito

Postby brogsterm » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:33 am

Glad I found this site before I made all my reservations. I will not be using anyone on your boycott list. I can't believe the Cayman Islands even allowed such a thing!
brogsterm

Postby Saneum » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Ditto, I made several changes to our Cayman vacation plans based on the information at this website. I refuse to patronize any places directly or indirectly responsible for all those horrible pictures of the dead and dying dolphin.
Saneum

Postby galdson » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:53 am

I just dropped a few places from my itinerary, replaced with others not involved with the dolphin parks in the Caymans. I don't want anything to do with any of these places contributing to the slaughter of dolphin.
galdson

Postby Banfole » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Very informative. I will NOT be goings to any dolphin parks in the Caymans and will steer clear of all places on the list.
Banfole

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting Dolphin - Is It Okay?