Boycott ALL The Places Contributing to Dolphin Death!

How do you feel about the capture of dolphin from the wild for Cayman Dolphin parks, or any other marine mammals for any captive parks.

Re: Boycott ALL The Places Contributing to Dolphin Death!

Postby DIVERS4CETACEANS » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm planning a trip to the Caymans for our family and friends, and just wanted to thank you for the list of companies to boycott, who are involved with the captive dolphin parks there in the Cayman Islands.

I represent Divers for Cetaceans, and would never have gone to any captive dolphin parks, but was not aware of so many businesses working with or advertising with these prisons.

Thank you for all your efforts to help end the slaughter and slavery of these beautiful and extremely intelligent cetaceans.

Jeannie Sanders,
Divers for Cetateans
DIVERS4CETACEANS

Re: Sign Petition to Ban Dolphin Capture

Postby SuzanneLerner » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:40 am

I really feel this is the need of the hour. Various NGOs have been working for this petition to get signed and now the time has come that government should see the plight of dolphins or they will get extinguished.
SuzanneLerner

Re: Sign Petition to Ban Dolphin Capture

Postby FreeTheSlaves » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:23 pm

MMPA is right. Murdering and Kidnapping these highly intelligent animals to use as slaves is the most extreme form of cruelty. From the moment they are captured and torn from their families, to shipping them all over the world in tiny coffins, then back and forth from one dolphin attraction to another, it's another feeble attempt by the dolphin parks to hide their dirty little secrets. They all know these dolphin are being slaughtered and kidnapped in Taji, Japan right now. They even have representatives there, hiding in the shadows and shipping the dolphin off to destinations unknown. The dolphin parks themselves are entirely responsible for all the carnage and they know it. That's why they try to hide the truth. Truth is, by visiting any confined dolphin attraction you are murdering dolphin. The connection is now that direct and the evidence is widely available throughout the internet.

We're going to the Cayman Islands in November, and you can be sure we won't be visiting any of the dolphin parks, or anyone having anything to do with them. Thank you for providing a short list of places to avoid!

Will also be doing a lot of educating on our way to and during our trip, telling as many people as possible that the dolphin parks in the Cayman Islands are captive, and all the reasons why going to them, or the places that support them is the same as killing them.

There are 6 of us in total, so expect an all time low in dolphin attendance during our visit!

Best of luck with your cause!

- Free the Slaves
FreeTheSlaves

Postby OUTLAWS4ORCA » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:13 pm

I see a lot of people really upset about the dolphins. What't it been, a few years now? How far have you gotten?

If you want these places put out of business, that's right up my alley, for about $10K per average size dolphin park.

Prices do not include airfare, a place to stay or food for 2 people, 3-4 days.

If you want to try and shut them down yourselves, the best advice I can give you is from quote below, by Ted Vallen.

If all of you are not contacting all of these people on a daily basis then it's not helping your cause at all. You need to focus your entire force against one business at a time and bombard them email, letters and phone calls every day.

Ted Vallen wrote:Good start, but youre a bunch of lightweights. If you want to shut these Cayman dolphin parks down and stop them from killing dolphin, get a little more active. Here are a few things you can do that will not cost a penny, just a few minutes of your time.

Target: Both dolphin parks, the magazines that advertise them, and the people advertising with those magazines.

1. When searching for things in Caymans, look for their Google or Yahoo ads, click on them. Do this several times but not more than 5 with the same IP address. Best to use a proxy for this anyway. Every time you click an ad, you cost them money that could be spent promoting the parks, or the places helping them.

2. Flood them with time consuming messages. Send email through their websites, contact us, booking forms, etc. Most sites provide ways of communicating with them. Communicate as much as possible, telling them what they are doing is wrong and why. What are the consequences? Flood them with as many messages making up all kinds of reservations, and large groups, and canceling and re-scheduling, and on and on. The more time you take from them to divert to your flood of email, the less time they will have to kill dolphin.

3. Make online reservations at their websites, for all the places that have that,for the others use email. Make and cancel reservations using different names.

4. Complain to all the people advertising in the magazines that advertise the dolphin parks. Call, email, web mail, them and cancel your reservations, give the reason: Found out you are advertising with the same people promoting the dolphin parks and I do not condone the murder of intelligent mammals.

5. Call, email, the magazines promoting the dolphin parks, do it anonymously. Tell them you are starting a new company in the Cayman Islands and want to advertise with them. Get their rates. Then reply and tell them you saw the dolphin parks and changed your mind. Enough of these alone and they will stop promoting them.

There are a lot more things to do,none of them cost any more than a few minutes of time. I'll post more later. Get creative. Anything you can do to take time, money, visitors or resources away from the cayman dolphin parks, or places promoting them or by association, the less dolphin will die.
OUTLAWS4ORCA

Postby elisiawells » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:53 pm

EUREKA! This is JUST what I've been looking for. :) :) :)

I'm going to the Cayman Islands with our family for two weeks in November. We're all anti-cap and knowing which specific businesses to boycott is a godsend.

Thank you for the list and for your devotion to freedom for dolphins.
elisiawells

Postby DeepBlue » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:28 pm

Will NEVER go to ANY captive marine park.

Will NEVER patronize ANY businesses associated with them.

THANK YOU for spreading public awareness!
DeepBlue

Postby jimsharon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Thank You! For the list of places in cahoots with the dolphin prisons. WILL be going to the Caymans in less then 3 weeks! Will NOT be going to any dolphin prisons (never have, never will). WILL NOT be going to any of the places in cahoots with them either (and now we know who they are). My guess is after Blackfish and now Japan in the news every day, those places won't last out the year. And we are MORE THAN HAPPY to help make sure they don't!
jimsharon

Postby Johnnie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:21 pm

VERY MUCH appreciated! Planning our Cayman trip now and will spend not one penny at any dolphin park or the places supporting them. MORE sites like this are needed!
Johnnie

Postby BSAC » Sat May 31, 2014 4:50 pm

Coming on group outing in August. Thank you for the list of businesses to boycott. Best of luck with your efforts. ~ BSAC
BSAC

Postby carensan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Thank you! None of us would have gone to the dolphin prisons, but the short list of cohorts is a really big help, knowing which places not to patronize. If only every destination with dolphin attractions had this information!
carensan

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting Dolphin - Is It Okay?